Turmeric – the magical spice
Many Ethiopians cook with lots of turmeric, not just because of the wonderful flavour and colour, but because it’s been known to offer a variety of health benefits:
- Turmeric helps your body fight foreign invaders and also plays a role in repairing cell damage.
- It’s said to boost hormone levels that improve brain function.
- Turmeric supports healthy joints and is beneficial for overall joint health and mobility.
- Turmeric encourages healthy cholesterol levels.
- It’s good for your skin – providing essential nutrients for a glowing complexion.
Turmeric is a key ingredient in lots of our dishes, including our Tikil Gomen. Try it for yourself at Beza.